Friday, January 29, 2010

Wonderful Works

So two of the children participated in the Wonderful Works at their school.  I'm a little fuzzy on the purpose of this night. I thought it was to showcase talents but kids brought toy collections, pets and etc. ........Whatever everyone seemed to have fun and really isn't that the point.

Jay-bear decided to display his Lego creations. He brought a model of his school, the Nativity B3 and he made at Christmas, and the Star Wars lego model he got for Christmas. Lego was a popular item to display. Bear didn't seem to mind he mostly played Lego with his friends for the hour and answered questions anyone may have had.

 Tay-Tay wanted to do an art display....... unfortunately she had no art to display .....since I keep nothing......... it comes home is admired for 2.5 seconds and straight into the recycle bin it goes. I know I'm so heartless, but think of the good I'm doing for the environment.

 So last minute we decided to use her involvement in Choir for her display. I took pictures while at choir and printed them off placed them in picture frames put her music on the table and there you have it ......a display fit for a princess. 
    Tay-Tay's teacher approached me and told me how much she loves Tay. She is so impressed with Tay-Tay's ability to look outside of herself and see what others might need. She also spoke of how she can partner Tay-Tay with anyone and Tay-Tay will have fun and stay positive with the task and help the others student do the same. It was nice to hear someone express some of Tay-Tays best qualities to me.
So of course when I was relaying the complement to Hubby he commented "Well ya... she has my personality"........... Humility is obviously not part of his personality.







No comments:

Post a Comment