When all the world is slush?
Do you rip all you like
or get on your bike and soak up the Vitamin D.
Is that what you do? So do we.Bill told me that getting Jay-bear a new bike and B3 a ripstik for Christmas was stupid. That they wouldn't get to use it for months. I had faith that a Chinook would come quickly. They always do. On Saturday we decided to take advantage of the wonderful warm weather and break out the new toys. B3 really was determined to learn how to ride that ripstick, he took a couple spills .
After a bit he did end up being able to ride from our side of the driveway to our neighbours side before it cooled off too much and we had to scurry back into the house.
Jay-Bears bike might be a little big for him.
I had to show Bear how to balance the bike and to get moving before he sat on his seat. He rode his last bike for 3 years and it was just the right size when he started. I figure with this one being a BMX and being a little big for him it should last.
I plan on buying him the next one while he is on his mission. That should be the right time frame. Bear unfortunately has my height. We always hope that he will hit a growth spurt but he never does. Gratefully he is well aware of his height and takes any ribbing he might get in stride.
Watching the kids ride their various items was not the focus as to why Hubby and I were outside. With the snowstorms that we have had. Hubby, W2 and I got lazy. The snow was so heavy at times that we would pile snow in the middle of our driveways. Which under normal neighbourhood traffic would be no big deal but the traffic that flows between our two homes is HIGH. We have discussed putting in a +15, or maybe a tunnel. The two homes almost act as one.
So the huge pile of snow that was melting then freezing was getting to be quite dangerous. So Hub and I chipped away at the ice hoping to rid ourselves of the deathtrap. Then made the kids shovel the ice chunks over to the lawn.
Don't you love the warm weather?


A tunnel between two houses normally would be weird....but I think it's a definite investment with you guys...you know it would be money well spent!! Haha!
ReplyDeleteI do love the warm weather! (Un?)fortunately, most of our lovely Saturday was spent in an arena.
ReplyDelete