Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Headaches

I have been plagued with terrible headaches of late. Not your everyday kinda headaches. You know the kind that make you stomach lurch and your head spin. . . . Migraine headaches. As a child my mom would be laid up all day with migraines I never understood how a headache could K.O. a person although I was always helpful. Now as an adult suffering through the intense pain I feel more sympathy for my mother.

My mom would always lay in her room with the light off and a cool cloth on her head. It was my job to make sure she always had a fresh frozen cloth. When I say frozen I mean frozen. Mom would take a few cloths wet them down and place them in the freezer. Then the cloths were rotated through.

Although I find the cold cloths helpful, for me sometimes it is not enough. My go to method of dealing with my migraines ...you ask. I prefer to pop some extra strength Advil and soak in a hot bath. I have conditioned myself to relax in the bath. I blame it on my Mom. It was her suggestion that I take a hot bath while suffering through terrible TERRIBLE cramps as a teenager. A hot bath really cures all. For your knowledge and betterment I have compiled a list of ailments a hot bath will cure.


A hot bath cures

~Migraines which has already been established

~ Menstrual cramps again established

~Gas

~ Normal headaches

~ Stress

~Depression

~ Over stimulation

~ Boredom

~ Labor (o.k. not a cure but a great coping strategy)

~Anger

~ Sadness

~ Guilt
~ Insomnia

~ Under stimulation

~ Muscle aches and pains from trying to get in shape

~ Muscle aches and pains from NOT being in shape
~ Self doubt
~overconfidence ( something about seeing yourself naked brings reality slamming back)

I recommend a hot bath to cure whatever ails you. It works for me.

What do you recommend?

Now I will leave you with a picture 'cause really a post with pictures is so much more fun. So here is a picture of me and my girl. I am post one cure ~all bath. All snuggled up in my P.J's
Don't you feel loved that I will share this with you?

You should!

3 comments:

  1. I put you on blog list- hope that's OK... that is such a great picture of you and Tayah!! Hope your headache goes far, far, away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do appreciate the information, Dr. Maher. I also am a firm believer in hot baths as a cure-all. Especially with yummy smelling bubbles :) (if your nauseous tummy can handle it). Hope you feel better very soon.

    Love, Dr. Dronyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, so glad I found your blog!!! I agree, a hot bath cures everything. When some of my friends call and I don't answer, they just assume I'm in the tub.....hmmm, I must have A LOT to cure.....

    ReplyDelete