( Tay-Tay Christmas 2009 showing off her new book)
I went to the kids school today to read with Tay-Tays class. They always need people to read with the first graders. I really enjoy doing this and finding new ways to help those kids who are struggling with reading to feel good about what they CAN do and how much they have accomplished.
Since I experinced how the school system can sometimes let children and parents down when B3 was struggling so much and he wasn't getting help because he was too far behind...... yep that's right they just wrote him off, If i can help prevent that from happening with a child in Tayahs class then I will.I want to help these kids any way I can.
I'm not bitter at all about that huh. It has been 4 years and the school system has really come through for B3 but I still get a bee in my bonnet everytime I think about how we were treated in grade one.
So to get to the title of this post they are doing dance in gym right now and Mrs, Brassard the gym teacher approached me before starting Tay-tays gym class to tell me what a great dancer Jay-Bear is. Really..... was there any doubt. Anyone who has witnessed his Elvis style pelvic thrusts knows that boy can dance. I told her he is alittle bit of a showboater with that stuff. She said she was afraid of embarressing him so she didn't say anything to him. Embarressing Jay-bear is harder than one might think. He has confidence and swagger to spare.
Mrs Brassard got the priveledge of obsevrving where Jay-Bear gets his rhythm. While I was showcasing my dance talents for fist grade.
She was smart enough to comment on ......or compliment me on my sick skills.
Since I experinced how the school system can sometimes let children and parents down when B3 was struggling so much and he wasn't getting help because he was too far behind...... yep that's right they just wrote him off, If i can help prevent that from happening with a child in Tayahs class then I will.I want to help these kids any way I can.
I'm not bitter at all about that huh. It has been 4 years and the school system has really come through for B3 but I still get a bee in my bonnet everytime I think about how we were treated in grade one.
So to get to the title of this post they are doing dance in gym right now and Mrs, Brassard the gym teacher approached me before starting Tay-tays gym class to tell me what a great dancer Jay-Bear is. Really..... was there any doubt. Anyone who has witnessed his Elvis style pelvic thrusts knows that boy can dance. I told her he is alittle bit of a showboater with that stuff. She said she was afraid of embarressing him so she didn't say anything to him. Embarressing Jay-bear is harder than one might think. He has confidence and swagger to spare.
Mrs Brassard got the priveledge of obsevrving where Jay-Bear gets his rhythm. While I was showcasing my dance talents for fist grade.
She was smart enough to comment on ......or compliment me on my sick skills.
So it is official We Got us some Moves.
Maybe you will see us on the next season of.....
Maybe you will see us on the next season of.....


No comments:
Post a Comment