This morning B3 had Circle of excellence The little men and I ventured out to witness this occasion. B3 was nominated for some art work that he had done in class ..........
B3 is always nominated for his artwork. Every year it is art that lands him in the Parent room and gets him a new pencil and a handshake from the principal....oh and a certificate.
B3 is always nominated for his artwork. Every year it is art that lands him in the Parent room and gets him a new pencil and a handshake from the principal....oh and a certificate.
Then he gets to sign his name ....with a dry erase marker......on a big laminated circle by the office.....which they erase in June.
I 'm glad that Billy was nominated. it is a great thing and I'm glad that the school takes the time to recognize the kids. It just doesn't hold the excitement for me it once did but I was there to show my support.
Afterward the little men and I decided.....OK really I decided to go to Wal-Mart.
After all it is Tuesday which means the new movies to buy came out today......did you know that? DVDs are released to buy on Tuesdays
usually......... there is always exceptions to every rule...........
and they are usually on sale the first two days they are out........
any way so I picked up a couple of movies...subjected the boys to aimless wondering and even a little shoe shopping for myself
which Mr. O helped with..... telling which shoes he liked and which looked funny....see I need another opinion 'cause usually i shop for sneakers in the little girl aisle .......as well as some other items.
So i need shoes that i can pull off...gratefully you all are used to seeing me in little girl stuff so you have just come to accept it as my own personal style.
After about an hour of looking we went and paid for our purchases
which was quickly followed by a plea for McD's ....to which i caved.....while eating our nutritious meal of carbs and oil. I thought i should glance at my receipt.
Everything seemed to be in order until i went to put the receipt away........and my movies caught my eye
There was only one movie on the receipt and two in my bag.
So up to customer service I went to pay for the rouge item.
I had the lady check my receipt just in case i was blind.....nope eye sight was working perfect today.
The movie wasn't on there so I pulled out my card to pay for the said movie and the customer service girl looks at me weird and says
"You've just shocked me"
Confused I say "why/"
"In all the time I've been here this has never happened" was her reply
how sad is that.. She was surprised by Honesty. I could have walked out of the store and no one would have known 'cause the dingy thing had been deactivated. Theivery was expected. Crazy
As i was walking back to my car i was pondering how easily it would have been to steal that movie. Then I thought to myself
My integrity is worth more then $30.
and I'm glad that I know it.



Its a sad world we live in, when integrity is so elusive.
ReplyDeleteWe were at Wal-mart yesterday,too, buying Sherlock Holmes and we also picked up The Ant Bully for the kids for $5. I love wal-mart for movies!
The movie story is funny b/c I can't tell you how many times with all the craziness of myself and my kids in the store creats that we have walked out w/o paying for one thing or another and I agree b/c I am quick to walk right back in b/c my eternity is not going awry b/c I of a can of soup!!
ReplyDelete