Why do I do this.
At the begininging of the year Jay-Bears Teacher approached me about being the snack parent.......Which means whenever a special day is approaching I have the pleasure of calling the Moms an the list and finding someone to bring a few snacks.
Doesn't seem hard huh....well I am now just finished calling for the fifth Party of the year.... I have yet for all the people contacted to actually bring something or to bring what they were asked to bring, This is how the year has went
To many sweets
No sweets
Only 2 out 4 people remembered.
Teacher lost the list so she couldn't remind the parents.
The List goes on....
Why do these teachers think I can do this stuff...maybe next year i won't get asked to do anything 'cause I have done such a poor job this year.
One can dream right.
Not to mention I HATE calling people that I don't know.....even people i do know sometimes gives me stress.... I am much better at this then I used to be.
Go back about 11 years and I wouldn't even call to order Pizza.
Hubby and I would fight for a good hour about who should call.
Me because I HATED it and it stressed me out. Him because he wanted me to get over it and just make the call so .......
we would fight.....
he would win.......
and I would call the whole time cursing him and his desire to not be married to a wimp.
I am grateful that he was as stubborn about it as he was 'cause now i just take a deep breath and dive in. Little victory but a victory nonetheless.
Public speaking was even worse. I remember the first time I had to give a talk in our current ward. I worked on that talk for the whole week .....practiced it until I felt like I had it.
Well I gave that talk then came back to the pews because I couldn't control myself any more. I cried for the next 40 min. Not because I felt the spirit but because I could finally let out my nerves.
The next one didn't go much better I almost passed out in the bathroom beforehand I even emptied my stomach at the porcelain throne
.... I know that was an overshare ..sorry.... but I gave the talk and it was done.
Now although I still don't revel the oppurtunity I can Get'er Done.
Same thing when I was called as a RS teacher. I bawled like a baby before my first lesson .
Freaked out over My first Ward party.
Cried almost constantly the week before the Nativity Display.
Are you seeing a pattern.
I cry
I do the task
Then repeat until I can do the task without tears.
Then the Lord moves me on to my next fear..... I mean calling.
So lesson learned for me is unless you want to keep doing the stuff you hate you better get over your issues and perform 'cause then you get to stop doing the thing you hate.
Family Vacation Summer 2019
6 years ago


you are such a sweetheart and I have the same problem... what is that eh? I mean you would think it would get easier all this adult stuff but I have noticed it is not!
ReplyDeleteOnly having known you in the past couple of years, I find it very difficult to picture you being afraid to do anything at all! And for what it's worth, those parents are lucky that you are calling them and are at least trying to be kind and polite on the phone, instead of nasty and nagging. So there.
ReplyDelete