So Today is the big day.
Today I am in my thirties.
This year started with quite the bang. The decisions of others effected me more this past year than I have ever experenced before. I have learned alot about myself and my "abilities". I have learned about my limits and the need to push past them. I have grown to love and depend on my husband so that I feel he is my best friend.....something that had eluded me until now ...I always loved him but never felt that he was my best friend.
My understanding of "bear one anothers burdens" has increased both in how to help bear someone else's burdens and to let others bear mine with me.
To love the sinner and not the sin has been one of the most poigniant lessons..... I wish I was better at this..... although another year like the last one might just send me to a padded room :)
Little acts of love held the greatest meaning for me this year. My year has been polka dotted with these little treasures. They are tucked away in my heart and are pulled out when I am feeling the most overwhelmed.
I have learned to hold my toungue ....ok lets be honest i'm learning to hold my tongue.
Everyone is trying their best and nit-picking helps no one but a word of gratitude and support lifts everyone.
In the church we use the terms Brother and Sister.....why? For me these terms are not about showing respect ...although they do.....These words are used to remember we are Family that I have many sisters and brothers who care for me and I should care for them also.
This year has been filled with lessons learned, Love, and pain. I have had alot of sore days ....you know where the "lactid acid" has built up and you feel too stiff to move..... but if you don't the pain just gets worse so you get up and work out the stiffness.
Getting up and working out the stiffness has strengthened me. My Father in Heaven has refined me just a little bit more this year. I can see the refinement that has happened and appreciate the lessons learned.
So if your wondering what you could possibly get me...one of the most amazing women you have ever had the priviledge of knowing.........
I have already recieved some awesome gifts so competition is tight
Tay-Tay said that I could pick her hair-do for the day since it was my birthday....this is a big deal she hates when i pick the hairstyle 'cause my ideas always take "so long"
As a little perk to my day B3 told me at breakfast I wasn't allowed to be 31 'cause I look like I am 17.
BIg man Hubby took me away for the weekend to relax and be lazy...it was perfect.
Mr. O and JJ got me a chocolate bar and hugs. ........ real ones not the chocolate kind
You had better put on your thinking caps and come up with something....and fast.
A song or poem about how awesome you think i am would be just fine :)
or maybe a sonnet...or a sky writer that would be cool.
Maybe a star named after me.
Come on I know you can come up with something .....
No pressure. I'll just know how much you love me by what you give me.
O.k I thought of leaving my post that way but just couldn't.
So just so we are clear......... NO GIFTS
Family Vacation Summer 2019
6 years ago


Happy Birthday Autumn... welcome to adulthood...finally.
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday my dear sweet Autumn!
ReplyDeleteYour smile so warm and a cute little bottom.
Life with out you in it would just not be fun,
So have a great day and soak up the sun!
If you want I can say that I named Lila Star after you and so there is your star!
Lets face it, I truly gave you the very best gift of all!
Love you so very extremely much!
xoxoxoxoxox
As your neighbor and friend- I have watched this past year as you have amazed me with your ability to love, your strength and you are a constant example to me and I count myself lucky to count you as my friend.
ReplyDeleteoh and I already got you an awesome gift many happy hours of chocolate-induced bliss!!! Enjoy!! YOU deserve it!!
happy happy birthday, Autumn! You've got an awesome blog and I love learning more about you. And aren't we ALL just LEARNING to bite our tongues??
ReplyDeleteI'm a day late, but you requested a poem, so here goes:
ReplyDeleteIn life there are sharp notes and flat ones
Some that don't end quite on key
But I'm lucky enough to have you for a friend
And that's a perfect Middle C!
Sorry - that's the best I could do. Hope it was a great one!