Last week as Jay -bear and I were perusing his" Faith in God" Book looking for a goal that he wanted to accomplish. We came across the goal to teach a song in Primary. As soon as I read it I knew Jay would pick it.
So after choir practice on Thursday Jay approached his choir director .....who also is the Primary Chorister.....Big Shout out to LL who is singlehandedly providing my childrens musical exposure.
Anyway he Approached LL about helping teach the new song for Primary. She was of course supportive as usual. He told her that he would take care of teaching the song all by himself and do any prep that was needed. So for the remainder of the week he and I figured out how he was going to teach this song.
Which really was just a quick jump to sugardoodle.net for the plan then customized some pages to work with his idea.The real challenge was learning the song himself...he just couldn't get some of the rhythms no matter how he tried. Gratefully LJ played while he sang so he just followed the piano.
Since "He sent his Son" is a question and answer song, we prepared a matching game for him to teach with. I only caught the very end of him teaching, but he was up there singing each small part all by himself then he would have the rest of the children join in. He was so confident and self assured. What a great program that helps children gain confidence and to showcase their talents within the Lords Kingdom.
The best part of the whole thing was Jay-bears version of conducting the music. We worked on how his arm should move and how to do cut-offs. In the end though it was still random arm movments.......BIG ....random ......arm movements....... though i think he had most of the cut-offs right.
See what i mean... BIG arm movements
I am so pleased with his efforts.........He was also pleased. He told Hubby and I that he wasn't nervous until he stood in front of everyone........ then it was scary.
I hope the senior primary learned the song. I think alot of the kids thought it was neat that Jay was teaching the song. A few even came up to tell us that he was a good teacher. The things music has done for my Kids is amazing..... I wouldn't of had enough confidence to do this when I was 9.....heck I don't have enough confidence to do it now.
Great Job Jay We Love You


What a brave guy! I know several adults that don't have the courage to do that! Nice work, Jay - AND mom and dad! ;)
ReplyDeleteYAY for Jalin!!! I'm SO sad that I missed it - Rayanne said it was (big surprise) AWESOME, and she was so impressed that he did such a good job. Please tell him that I'm proud of him, and thanks for posting the pictures so I could feel like I was really there!
ReplyDeleteAs I read this tears are running down my face..now I am a little hormonal right now but what a wonderful young man J bear is! Tell him that his cousin's in Kamloops think he is so cool and big hugs and kisses too!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Jalin! I heard that he did a GREAT job! I love the arm movements.....he looks just like a pro!
ReplyDeleteWhat a brave guy- those friends of his are merciless!!! I bet he did a great job and good for you for looking through the Faith in God book- I thought the goals just got done on their own!
ReplyDelete