Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The haunting of Tay-Tay

Every night when i tuck Tay-Tay into bed we have a the same conversation.  It goes something like this.
Tayah: Mommy will you sleep with me?
Me: No, my bed is upstairs and yours is too small for both of us.
Tay: No, you fit. Mommy please?
Me : No, Tay. When you wake -up in the morning though you can come cuddle with me .
I then leave her room to tuck in the boys.
She waits for me in the hallway for a last ditch effort
Tay: Mom i'm scared.
Me: Tay you're fine go to bed. Say your prayers and listen to your music i'll see you in the morning.
She then goes back to her room and falls asleep


well I guess she figured since this tactic isn't working she would change it up. 
 Last night she started with being scared and even explained why she was scared........

Michael Jackson is dead and he is on the roof. So could I please sleep with her
*sidenote we watched "This is it" on the weekend and she talked about how he was dead throughout the whole show.
After muffling my laughter I told her that MJ was not on our roof trying to get her. He is buried far away. She seemed ok with that so on I went with the nightly rituals.
of course there she was waiting for me when i was done tucking in the boys with one more problem.

"Mom, ithink Michael Jackson is buried under our house. I don't think he likes it".

Moral of the story don't let your daughter watch movies that star dead people. They don't understand that they are dead and not out stalking their next victim from the after life.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I would be scared too if the ghost was Michael Jackson....so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. Ghost of Michael Jackson. Besides, just tell her that he liked boys, not girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL ... she's amazing :) There's some creativity there, I tell ya. Maybe she'll grow up and be rich and famous like Stephen King someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that's hilarious!! Jade always talks about how she thinks if she is really good, Michael Jackson will come visit us (like Santa Claus). When I remind her that he isn't around anymore, she always just says that being dead will make it easier to get here because he won't have to wait for a plane to fly. Kids are so funny!! Tay's a cutie:) You've done good, my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Missy- MJ would make one scary ghost!!!

    ReplyDelete