Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Busy Busy

Well the last few weeks have been rather busy. For Victoria day the kids and I went to horseshoe canyon with my brother and his family. I had never been down into the canyon before and either had the children....so of course Jay-Bear has a unique perspective on everything. The first thing he says once we start into the canyon ...........

This would be an awesome place to kill someone ! 

Yep that's right my son at the age of 9 is scooping out places for body dumps. it makes me a little nervous to sleep at night :)

Now Jays warped version of cool does not stop there. As we were hiking around my niece managed to fall in a hole.  We could hear her crying so we called out to her about what the problem was....
you know we don't want to excert ourselves too much if nothing is really wrong.

She answers that she fell in a hole. So Dad goes to see how bad the problem is. Jay-bear jumps up and says cool I gotta see this. He runs over looks in the hole then runs back to tell the kids. "It's awesome she's stuck down there."

We had quite a laugh about it. Jay always sees things a little differently than most. So a conversation with him is always a jump into the unusual.

Well back to the hiking we had alot of fun. We introduced my brother to Geo-caching...he seemed to really like it.
  
As we were heading back out of the canyon the kids saw a flash of light on a distant hill.  They asked Chase what it was and....... well my brother always the storyteller told them it was an alien landing beacon......now the kids know chase tells stories so they decided to prove him wrong and go find out for themselves......when the finally arrived at the right hill and had climbed it. they found a DIME. I was quite impressed.
This the butt slide that followed after finding the dime


On Tuesday I went with Tay-Tay to the Zoo for a service project. The kids took the batteries out of cell phones so that a mineral in the batteries could be reused in new cell phones. We dismantled 834 cell phones then spent the rest of the day walking around the zoo looking at animals. It was a beautiful day so the trip was fun.
















Finally Choir is done for the year. The last performance was on Saturday. They did wonderful. Both Tay and Jay really enjoy singing. I am grateful to LL for sharing her talents with the community. Tay had a solo in the song "All i really need"  she did really well. her line was.... And love in my family. Jay chose not to try for a solo. When his Grandma asked him why? He said that after seeing everyone having a part he wanted to do one but it was too late.  Maybe next year he will try.

Both choirs
My Handsome man
Bravo choir
Encore Choir
My beautiful Daughter


June is going to be a busy month of Field trip's. This week alone three of the five week days are spent at some school function. I'm not even going on every trip. I think I would never be home if i tried...that's what happens i suppose when all three of my children are in elementary school.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures of the concert are great...much better than the non-existent ones that I do not have. Good luck on your field trips!

    ReplyDelete