Monday, June 7, 2010

My baby is 7


What a fun week! I got to see Tay sing in her schools Spring Musical "ARF!" The pictures are horrible but I have them.
The next day i went on a field trip with B3 to the heritage park wetlands.
Didn't know there was wetlands at heritage park ....me neither.
Despite my lack of knowledge concerning the destination it was a fun day.
We netted some water bugs and looked at them under microscopes....every boys dream.



Then after lunch the kids had to make their own bugs. Billy did a great job on his.
It was fun to spend the day with Billy and his friends. Lunch was a riot with the boys being goofy, they are at such a great age. We had real conversations about their families and the things that were important to them.

Next was the big day for Tay- Tay. My baby girl turned 7 this past Saturday.

In lieu of a party she got to have a sleepover with Mom in the living room after staying up late watching T.V. and movies with both mom and Dad. Then Saturday was spent doing what she wanted to. First thing was a photo shoot with Mom.

I know you think it is 2010 but in reality it is 1980

This was one of Tay's new birthday outfits. I laughed when i saw it all together.
Isn't fashion supposed to move forward not in circles.
Any way some of my favorite pictures from our photo shoot......

Before we get to those i need to realize i am NOT a photographer and was only using my point and shoot camera....not that I know how to use one of those fancy new-fangled ones any way.


Can't you just hear her laughing


Yep She's 7; and still can't get those pesky shoes on the right feet.

A self portrait of me and my girl,

Now Lastly my favorite shot of the day.
Isn't she Beautiful?


Now Her fun filled day didn't end here nosiree. We went to the city and took in a little flick called Shrek forever after in 3D.
Where She got her own overpriced Kids combo.

Then off to Toys r us for a Toy. now this was quite the ordeal and Dad didn't know how to deal with the indecisiveness of little girls but finally we settled on Perfection. Which was great 'cause then I could use the line
"Perfection for my little perfection".....groan .. I know cheeeeesy but my girl loved it.
Then after a quick stop for some Wendy's goodness we were off to pick the boys up from grandparents.
The day ended with her big brother B3 giving her the gift he had bought her.
Now this book was expensive and when Tay asked for it at the book fair I told her no. The next morning B3 asked me how much it was. He then went and got it with his own money. I would say it was worth it....see that grin.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's 7!!! Wow, how did you get so old! She is such a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day! Way to go, mom of the year ;) Really impressed with Billy - what a thoughtful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tay-tay she's lucky to ahve such a great big brother!!! Looks like your keeping busy doing all sorts of fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! She is a dolly and I can't believe she is 7 years old already...you can see how happy she is! You are such a good Mom!

    ReplyDelete