Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hen Fest 2010

I spent this past weekend with eight of the funniest women I know. The weekend was spent sitting in the hot tub, eating too much food,a little shopping and getting to know these wonderful women from Strathmore ward. N.J. was the mastermind behind this great adventure. She invited a great cross-section of women so that we all would expand our circle of friendships a little more. What a wonderful idea.
To be honest i wasn't as excited to attend this event as I should have been. I like living in my circle of friends and find leaving that circle of comfort stressful.....  and....well.... I'm a little protective of the friendships I already have ....as if somehow my friends won't like me anymore when they see what else is out there. I know so junior high. At least I realize this defect in my personality and don't bring it out into light of day for all to see until I have it under control.
Anyway, fun was had by all this weekend I think. Another Hen fest (as named by P.D.) is in the idea pool now. Hopefully this will become a regular event. As a woman I crave this interaction with similar minded women. Somewhere, where my cup can be refilled by women of strength and faith. I left this weekend feeling as if I gathered a few more friends into my inner circle. I am grateful for this.
I was myself this weekend...sometimes nice ...sometimes not. Truthful in who I am and how I feel. This is a gift to myself....an understanding of my true nature. I was unapologetic for this but neither did I feel others wanted an apology.


Now for a few photos of the happy group. My camera only came out while at the hot springs so you bring on the suits.
The whole gang



The few brave souls who tried body surfing down the river.
N.J., V.F., C.H. and M.M.

4 comments:

  1. Love the swim suit pics!! I was like you I was a little nervouse about the weekend for very similar reasons, but looked forward to it as well for the same reasons that made me nervous. It was awesome to get to know you and the others better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like SO MUCH FUN! I miss all you Strathmore gals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that you had a great time. Good for you to get outside your circle... from what I hear you didn't miss much at the family games night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounded like so much fun! I am totally envious as I don't have that anymore AT ALL in my life (close friends). I think all girls need to have atleast 1 good friend if not more.

    ReplyDelete