I went with B3's Class to the Museum last week. It was an enjoyable day and we even had the opportunity to listen to an astronaut Robert Thursk speak. He was returning an item he borrowed from the museum that he took into space. He gave a short presentation then opened the floor to questions. So i learned how astronauts go to the bathroom in space.....leave it to a boy to ask such a question.
B3 really enjoyed the rocks. They had a display of rocks under a black light and it looked like the rocks had been spray painted when the black light was on and when it went off they looked like regular rocks. The different minerals in the rocks is what caused the effect, I have to say it was quite cool.
I enjoyed an interactive part of the museum. It was on the history of our city floor. They had the smells of the fur trade and one of those smells was of tobacco. I fully expected to dislike the smell but when I leaned down and inhaled I was transported back to being a little girl curled up in my grandfathers chair digging out the tobacco from his pipe. I had all the same feelings of safety and love that I felt back then. I just had to take a picture. The kids thought I was weird but I could have stayed all day just smelling the tobacco and been happy.
Overall it was a great day.


Oh the days of digging the tabacco out of Grandpa's pipe...good times and I love the smell of pipe tabacco!
ReplyDelete