Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Alright I am going to reboot the blog and I hope to do better with keeping it up on a more regular basis.
Today is the first day of Bill returning to work after a well deserved two week vacation. The holidays were fun but ridiculously busy. It seemed like every time we turned around there was something else to be done, to go do or see. I am so glad that the last few days of vacation have nothing planned. The kids are "cleaning" the basement. This is their domain and I figure if they can mess it up they can certainly clean it up. From the sounds wafting up from the basement I would say the 2 hour project will take them at least all-day today if not most of tommorow. Focus is not easily attained when you are with in humping distance of your brother...what is it about boys that requires them to be punching, poking, jumping on, rolling over any male within reach.  It is seriously weird...I still have to talk to my 12 and 11 year old before going into any public place. The rule is always the same "Please, keep your hands to yourself"
This rule is followed fairly well in the parking lot. Then as soon as we enter the store I can see Jalin's arm start to twitch and the gap between the boys quickly diminishing as Billy glances back and realizes that i am watching him. So he quickly corrects his course. As soon as I turn to look at ...... well anything I hear huffing and giggling and maybe a little grunting. I turn to see that the 6 ft gap is completely gone and the boys are wrapped up in some weird wrestling match.
"Boys, hand to yourselves" They jump apart like repelling magnets......wait that is exactly what it is, the boys are ......magnets and when i'm looking at them I've flipped one over when I turn away they are pulled together by an unseen force.
The shopping trip continues with each pull together snapping a nerve until in the end the rule is simply "keep your weird male bonding out of my way and for goodness sake keep up."

Man, people say women are affectionate, always touching....when was the last time I rolled down the aisle of Walmart with another female.... NEVER. My boys on the other hand it was just last week. With no end in sight.

Anyway, Cleaning is the item of the day. I hope to get all of my chores done today. So I guess I should log off and I'll check in again soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment