So Since you last heard from me, many weeks ago.
I went on a field trip with Jay-bear to the military museum. He and his friends were a blast to spend the day with. They let me eat lunch with them and we had an enjoyable conversation. This poor quality picture is from the craft that the children did.
Later that week I took a quick trip down to Arizona with some Family Members. We left Thursday and were back late Sunday night so it was quick but the Sun was so welcome. We spent the weekend shopping, Squeezed in a 90 min. massage that was heaven. Watched a few girl movies. Generally just relaxed and had fun. The ladies i went with are a part of B2's extended family and although I've been a Maher for 12 years I don't have a close relationship with either of them. So i was pleasantly surprised that it was fun and conversation was easy to come by.
The next morning when I woke up it was Jay-bears 10th birthday. We say him happy birthday let him pick the supper for that night which was easy ...Quesadillas and mexi fries. Which was just the right speed for my fogging sleep deprived brain. SO here is a picture of my sweet 10 year old boy.
SO here is a top ten list of things I love about this boy of mine.
(in no particular order 'cause i had this idea that i would be witty and funny and make the list a pleasure for you all to read then quickly realized I am neither witty nor funny)
1. His size.....he is short like me so he still comfortably fits on my lap for cuddling.
2. His love of music....He often breaks into song at unusual times. The songs are often of his own making which brings us to
3. His imagination ....Jay-bear can create a whole universe and a broad and in depth storyline using a single item which he entertains his audience with....'cause when you are this animated you usually have an audience.
4. His view of the RULES... Now jay sees the world in a very strict way. When a rule is put into place it is law and all must obey. This is great because i always know that if I tell Jay something he will follow it to the letter which also means I have to play lawyer and think of all possible ways this rule could apply to different situations. This little quirk of his has added some interesting conversations around our house like one day jay was complaining about coming shopping with me while his brother and sister were away from the house. He wanted to know why he couldn't stay home by himself when I told him he wasn't old enough he questioned my mercilessly until I told him that I could get into big trouble and it was the Law. He stopped and said "oh really I thought it was just something you made up."
5. Jay's Humour is in a league all it's own. He make the family laugh daily at his antics.
6. His self confidence. As mentioned before Jay is small ...very small for his age. He often gets mistaken for a first grader at school until they see his face. He hasn't seemed to let this slow him down or embarrass him. He know he is short so he goes with it. I am sure it helps that he has AMAZING friends that would and have defended him when someone feels his size is reason to tease Jay.
7. Jay's loyalty. As i mentioned above Jay has great friends and he is extremely loyal to them. He has stuck up for them when others are being unkind. He keeps their secrets even from me. He is not only loyal to his friends but also his family.
8. I LOVE how great he is as a big brother. Tay always has playmates. Her boys always make room in their games for her. Jay will spend the time at night reading with Tay or helping her study math or spelling.
9. I love listening to Jay read out loud. Since we have been traveling 40 min on Sunday to church the kids asked if we could read a book. It is great having someone to share the reading with on weeks that Hubby hasn't come Jay reads while i drive. He is expressive and pleasant to listen to.
10. His determination Jay amazes me with how well he sets and achieve goals.....As long as it is a goal he has made. He will achieve it with very little ....or no help from me. He has always done things in his own time no amount of pressure or prodding could change his mind. Even as an infant.. Jay didn't sit on his own til after 8 months he NEVER crawled the most we got out of him with a butt shuffle. He would never stand ..i mean never you know when you are holding older babies and they want to stand and bounce in their feet while you support them....ya Jay wouldn't do that if I lifted him up into a standing position i would instantly crumble. So Walking didn't happen until 17 months but when he did it he just took off. I know holy markers small and delayed development....Jay was just ready when he was ready and No One could convince him otherwise. He is determined to do things his own way.
I have no doubt that my littlefoot is destined to achieve great things. I feel in love with my little Yoda wrapped package as soon as he arrived with his big eyes looking up at me and my love just continues to grow.
So now that that homage to Bear is done. The rest of my busy life included a birthday date with Jay to the see Mega Mind and a stop at the toy store to purchase his gift. We had a baby blessing and our Primary Presentation on the same day. Blessing was enjoyed and the presentation was spectacular each child had 3-4 speaking parts and you could hear each child singing. We ended the day visiting with family and just enjoying each others company.
Now you know what has been going on my little neck of the woods. Aren't you glad you stopped by. I know i am.



No comments:
Post a Comment