Sorry about the long hiatus from blogger land. Life has been going along tickity-boo. In the two months since you last heard from me we have had a few changes around our home. Hubby was released as a High councilman. A calling which he had for over 3 years. He was giddy with excitement. He needed a change and the Lord delivered in spades. The same week that B2 was released our whole family was called as stake missionaries and the purpose of our call .......to strengthen a struggling branch in our area. The kids are over the moon excited about this call.... as are B2 and I. We have been going for just over a month and each week I fall more in love with the people. Full-time missionaries always talk about loving the people they serve and although I have felt this with each of my callings in the church this one is somehow different. I love these people and think about them ...even the ones that haven't made it to church yet.
Weird I know but I won't deny this feeling. Our family is being blessed by this experience and I feel like my children are gaining a stronger testimony of the gospel because of it.
Truthfully so am I.
We celebrated Halloween by attending the Ward trunk or treat. It was fun and the kids came home with just the right amount of candy. Enough that it should be gone in before the Christmas treats start rolling in.
This last weekend Hubby and I celebrated his 35th birthday and 12 years of marriage. We stayed in a hotel for the weekend ...no kids.... no phones...no distractions. We laughed and reminisced about our courtship and early marriage. We marveled at how much in love we still are. Taking this time for each other is wonderful. We went to the Lego store and we picked out gift for the boys Christmas.....then hubby picked out a gift for himself. Remember my master bedroom is the room of an adolescent boy with movie posters and Lego decor.
Now for a quick Jay-bear story,
The boys were completing one of the goals in the Faith in God book by teaching a family home evening on the Sacrament. The lesson is going well when hubby asks them "who can pass the sacrament?"
The boys look at each other and Jay-bear says "Boys"
Hubby -" so any boy can?"
Jay-"no, they have to be twelve"
Hubby- "So all twelve year olds can?"
Jay-with this incredulous look like how could his Father not know this says "They have to have the IRONIC priesthood"
Thanks Jay for the laughter
Thanks for reading if you are still out there. I will try to do better.
Family Vacation Summer 2019
6 years ago


I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time in the branch!
ReplyDelete