With school back in full force I find myself with oodles of time to waste. I love being able to go visit a friend at the drop of a hat, sit for hours reading a book, or wasting time on the time sucking TV or on my new laptop. I know some of you out there are drooling at the idea of real free time....... not the time you squeeze for yourself while hiding in the bathroom.........using the facilities or just taking a time out before the crumb-crunchers find you and demand more from you.
Now I put my time in "loving" the madness, the total exhaustion, someone always needing you. I felt like taking a little sabbatical from the demands on my time would be a good idea, and man has it ever been relaxing. I realize that this free time will quickly disappear as I fill my days with more worthy causes. I'll be picking up a few shifts at work.....if I can even call it that KL has got to be the best boss ever. I took the summer off from catering work and when I was ready to work again it is like I never left. It really is fun to work with friends.
With the beginning of school another chapter of my life closed. For the past 2 1/2 years I have had the privilege of watching the children of a good friend. Watching the little boys Mr O and JJ through out the school year and getting the older two Miss S and Mr T added during holidays. My house at times was beyond chaotic but I wouldn't have changed a thing. With the three oldest in school full-time this year that only left JJ at home and continuing to come to my house alone just didn't seem like the right choice for little JJ. I can't help but shed a few tears .....OK you pried it out of me I find myself blubbering like a baby about this. I miss those kids so much. We have helped each other through some pretty big changes over the years....... Like potty training JJ.... that was a big one it took forever and I'm pretty sure his grandmas were just as confounded by his stubborn streak as I was. I hope that those kids always remember how much I love them and that I will always be here to help when needed. .......OK enough with the sentimental stuff
A little tidbit for ya
Do you know what is awesome about being a boy?
Boys don't have to give birth
Do you know what sucks about being a boy?
When you grow up you have to go to work and support your family.
Jay-Bear shared this with me one day out of the blue......good to know Son.
Another Jay-Bear gem from dinner last night
"Mom you need to teach Tay how to sew and cook."
A little puzzled I dare to ask "Why"?
"So that she can be a traditional mom and sew and be a good cook."
Oh of course.....so am I a traditional Mom? again I can't help myself this is so interesting.
"Yep"
"So you think that I'm a good cook?" Now I know what you are thinking and Yes it may be shameless but I will solicit compliments whenever possible.
"Yep"
Now here comes the kicker for Jay-bear .......he sees the world in very black and white ways.
I reply to him " Sorry hon I can only teach Tay how to cook I don't know how to sew...... Am I still a traditional Mom?
He never answered me He just couldn't figure it out.
Now you may wonder where this enlightening piece if knowledge come from as I did
From the book series "Dear Dumb Diary" I will admit not a typical choice for a boy but Jay seems to be gaining priceless knowledge from it pages.
Til next time
Family Vacation Summer 2019
7 years ago


Isn't it so nice to have the kids back at school!!! It's funny that Jailin would think about that!! What a funny kid!!
ReplyDelete