Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What?! When did I get so old?

My B3 turned 11 yesterday. We had celebrated his birthday on the weekend by going to a hotel for the night. B3 required that the hotel have a pool so I booked us in at the Sheraton cavalier. We started the day by running some of my errands. He was such a great kid he just patiently waited while i dragged him around then we had a super healthy lunch of New york fries. Followed by a trip to Toys R us where I let B3 pick out his gift.  Then Hubby joined us for the night in the hotel B3 and i spent about an hour sliding and running up the stairs to slide again with breaks for mom thrown in ....cause I'm vastly out of shape.
We watched a ton of movies Three in total. We even ordered room service 'cause who doesn't love that. It was a great time and i hope he has good memories of it.




So back to the birthday boy I want to take a few moments and write down some things about B3.

B3 is always willing to play with anyone.

He is a great help around the house and always answers my requests with "Yes mom". Now they don't always get done since he often gets "distracted" ......The  code word in our house for not doing what you're told.

He still LOVES the Chronicles of Narnia. I bought the books on Cd's years ago. He has listened to them every night for about three years. He can tell you the whole story.

He likes to read graphic novels. Which are really the only books I can get him to read.

His humour is maturing to match his fathers......so not really maturing..... more like changing.

Lego still captures his imagination and can keep him occupied for hours.

He is an excellent Big Brother and his siblings love him very much





He will still occasionally cuddle with me while we watch T.V.  I cherish those moments because they are quickly becoming extinct.

When I tell him I love him or really say anything to him his response is always .... "I know... I'm awesome."

I love my first born and now as he is growing into a young man I find myself yearning to stop time....or at least slow it down so that I can enjoy everything with him just a little longer.



Thanks for taking this trip with me. I'll talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe he is 11. Sounds like his birthday was a lot of fun...you guys are great parents! He is a cute kid...love all his freckles =)

    ReplyDelete