Thursday, December 9, 2010

alright

So I have been having a lot of guilt over the SUPER self indulgent two-year old like tantrum I had on here earlier. Sorry who wants to read that garbage. You visit my lowly blog to catch up on all the happenings in my life.
Well the pity party didn't last long. What cured it you ask? Well it is really hard to feel sorry for yourself when you enter a certain elementary school and scores of the kids make sure and say hi to you. They want to tell you their stories and generally just think you are cool. Then at said school I got to watch the cutest 2nd grade grasshopper sing and dance for her Christmas play. Followed by the realization that she forgot to pack her lunch in her excitement over the play. Great.... an impromptu lunch out with just my girl....sure to put a smile on any scrooges face. Then back to the school to catch the afternoon performance starring my boys. The best part of all of this was that I was the only parent there ...no fighting for good pictures placements, or straining to see over tall parents heads. Why was I the only parent? The K-3 kids were performing for the 4-6 kids and vice versa. Parents weren't invited. I figured I was there enough I deserve special privileges. No one said otherwise. One teacher actually agreed with my theory.
Now I am off to spend time setting up for the small nativity display that is happening before our Christmas Cantata.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. I for one loved the rant. Don't apologize this is your blog. If you ever want to feel better about your homemaking skills you are more than welcome to come over and load my dishwasher again :)

    ReplyDelete