Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dear

Dear Jay,

I love that at ten you still ask me to tuck you in every night. Even that you withhold a goodnight kiss to ensure that I will come to your room makes me smile. I know that soon you may be to "big" for a cuddle and a kiss before bed so I will continue to tuck you in for as long as you will let me.

I love the way you see the world.  I never know what pearl of wisdom will escape your lips when you talk. Like when you told me that you imagination melts in the summer because it is so hot or telling your Dad that when you are a Mythbuster you won't do the drinking myths because drinking is dumb. When you were talking to a couple in the branch about being short and you said short was cool because you get the best hiding spots in hide and go seek.  You taught us all about seeing positive where others might just see a negative.

Your height may have been inherited from me but your mind is all your own. You are truly an individual. You stand alone and don't mind.
When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment